There are several cheap travel options for getting from Bangkok to Bottle Beach that you can book online. Below I list them with booking buttons. Booking tickets in advance in Thailand takes the stress out of your holiday. Often people arriving in Bangkok after a long haul flight are dog tired; and having onward tickets already organised means more time to relax and get over jet lag.
I include travel times, duration of journey and prices. Needless to say, you can also book airplane tickets south to cut down travel time, but flying more than doubles the cost of travelling from Bangkok to Bottle Beach.
Bus and Ferry Combined Ticket
There are 2 companies offering combined bus and ferry tickets to purchase online. The Lomprayah service uses a fast catamaran boats and Thai Sriram uses conventional mid-sized boats.
- Lomprayah Office in Khao San departs 6.00 and arrives in Thongsala in Koh Phangan at 16.20.
Travel time: 10 hours 20 minutes. Price: from 1,250 Thai Baht
- Lomprayah Office in Khao San departs 21.00 and arrives the following day in Thongsala in Koh Phangan at 10.45. Travel time: 13 hours 45 minutes. Price: from 1,200 Thai Baht
- Departs Khao San Road at 20.00 and arrives the following day in Thongsala in Koh Phangan at 13.30. Travel time: 17 hours 30 minutes. Price: 900 Thai Baht
Train, Bus and Ferry Combined Ticket
You can catch a train from the main train station in Bangkok, Hua Lamphong to Suratthani Train Station. You are then transferred to a ferry pier by bus and catch a ferry to Thongsala in Koh Phangan. This option allows you a bed overnight.
- Hua Lamphong depart 19.30 and arrive at Suratthani Train Station at 7.10 (travel time 11 hours 40 minutes) with Second Class A/C sleeper. Then 8.30 depart from Suratthani Train Station and arrive at Thongsala at 11.45 (travel time 3 hours 15 minutes).Price: from: 1,450 THB
- Hua Lamphong depart 19.30 and arrive at Suratthani Train Station at 7.10 (travel time 11 hours 40 minutes) with First Class A/C sleeper. Then 8.30 depart from Suratthani Train Station and arrive at Thongsala at 11.45 (travel time 3 hours 15 minutes). Price: from 1,950 THB
Once you are in Thongsala you can:
- Get a taxi straight to Bottle Beach if you run into a taxi from Bottle Beach or if you organise a transfer in advance with a resort
- Get a taxi to Chaloklum and then a longtail boat to Bottle Beach
To read more about getting from Thongsala to Bottle Beach read here.