There is a distance of 276 km between Phuket Island and Bottle Beach on Koh Phangan. There are currently two operators offering combined bus and boat tickets to take you all the way from Phuket on the Andaman Coast to Koh Phangan in the Gulf of Thailand. The trip takes 7 hours and 30 minutes or 8 hours and 30 minutes depending on the operator you choose.
Bus and Ferry Combined Ticket – Lomprayah
Lomprayah Company has 2 services per day running between Phuket and Thongsala in Koh Phangan. The travel time is 7 hours and 30 minutes. This is the quickest overland option between the two locations because Lomprayah uses a high speed catamaran between Donsak (near Suratthani) and Koh Phangan.
- The bus departs at 7.00 and arrives at Thongsala in Koh Phangan at 14.30. The journey time is 7 hours 30 minutes. The cost is 1,350 Thai Baht.
- The bus departs at 10.00 and arrives at Thongsala at 17.30. The journey time is 7 hours and 30 minutes. The cost is 1,350 Thai Baht.
Both buses depart from the Lomprayah Office in Phuket. See the map below. You can arrange a short taxi ride from your hotel to the Phuket Lomprayah Office or catch a taxi on the street.
Lomprayah Office in Phuket
Address: Talat Nuea, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket, Thailand
Telephone: +66 81 970 8877
Bus and Ferry Combined Ticket – Seatran
Seatran has slightly cheaper ticket prices from Phuket to Thongsala in Koh Phangan. However, the travel time (8 hours and 30 minutes) is one hour more than the Lomprayah service. The bus departs from the Seatran office at Rassada Pier (see map below). Seatran has one service per day between the two tourist destinations. The bus goes to Donsak near Suratthani where passengers catch a medium-sized Seatran Discovery boat to Koh Phangan.
- The bus departs at 8.30 from Rassada Pier and arrives at Thongsala at 17.00. The total journey time is 8 hours and 30 minutes. The cost is 1,200 Thai Baht.
- Transfer organised through your hotel. Only Bottle Beach taxis normally accept a fare from Thongsala to Bottle Beach. The transfer needs to be organised in advance
- Taxi to Chaloklum and then a short longtail boat journey to Bottle Beach. Click here for guide to getting to Bottle Beach
Seatran Office in Phuket
The Seatran bus for Donsak departs from the Seatran Office at Rassada Pier. See the map below. You can organise a taxi to the Seatran Office in Phuket at your hotel or catch a taxi on the street.
Address: Soi Tharuamai, Tambon Ratsada, Amphoe Mueang Phuket, Chang Wat Phuket 83000, Thailand
The Final Leg
Once you arrive at Thongsala, the main port town of Koh Phangan, you have 2 options for getting to Bottle Beach